Find us on...


New Search X

Turn On Water in Phoenix & Area

In order to turn on water in Phoenix and the surrounding communities, you'll have to go through the specific community that your home is in.

Water is managed by each city's utility department and getting it hooked up is usually initiated through city workers.

Home owners can elect for additional water service and coverage through private companies, like SRP. Most residents will never require additional water, unless they are undertaking agricultural endeavours.

Start by selecting your new community below to receive the contact information for the water service department you'll need to get started.


Anthem (east of I-17) – 1-800-383-0834
Anthem (west of I-17) – 602-262-6251

Apache Junction



City of Avondale
To start service, click here.


The town of Buckeye
To begin new utility service, click here.
For payment & additional water providers, click here.



Cave Creek



City of Chandler
To start service, click here.

From that link you can download a form that must be filled out and faxed in to the City of Chandler to begin service.

This account activation request form can be faxed to (480) 782-2295 only if you are purchasing your home.The city will attempt to confirm that your request will be completed on the date specified if a day time telephone or voice mail number is provided. They must receive your request at least one business day prior to the date you need to begin water service

Chandler Heights


Fountain Hills

Town of Fountain Hills


City of Gilbert
To start service, click here.


City of Glendale
To start service click here.

The city of Glendale is revised its policy relating to utility account holders, in which an account will be allowed to be opened in a property owner’s name only. It applies to new utility accounts; existing utility accounts will not be affected until a change in occupancy occurs. Property owners will need to complete the authorization form which you can find here.


City of Goodyear
To start service, click here.


City of Mesa
To establish service click here.

To request residential City utility services be turned on or off, fill out our online form (turn on, turn off), call 480-644-2221 (toll free at 1-866-406-9659) or visit our offices. Residential customers are generally required to place a deposit as security for payment of utility bills before utility services will be turned on.

Electric $ 265
Gas $ 125
Water $ 100
Waste Water $ 50
Solid Waste $ 60

Paradise Valley


City of Peoria
To start service, click here.


City of Phoenix

Set up your account here.
To set up a new water or sewer service account, you will need to contact the Water Services Customer Services Division, Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m., excluding city holidays, at 602-262-6251 (However, the best days to reach Customer Services are Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays).

Arcadia – 480-945-8363

San Tan Valley



City of Scottsdale
To start service, click here.
A deposit will not be required if you are a Homeowner (Escrow information is required)
Turn on/off and billing 480-312-2461

American Water
services the zipcode of 85250 in Scottsdale.
They charge a $20 deposit for first time customers.
To begin, click here.

Sun Cities


Sun Lakes



City of Surprise
To find your drinking water provider, click here.
Trash collection schedule and other information about garbage collection, click here.


City of Tempe
To establish water, sewer and refuse service: 480-350-8361Homeowners who provide the name of their title company and escrow number will not be charged a deposit. If a prior delinquent account history has been established, a $50 refundable deposit will be required.
More info, click here.